- 500 g red onion
- 200 ml apple vinegar
- 250 ml hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Peel the onion and process into thin slices on a slicer (I suggest the Premium V-Blade slicer for this); alternatively, cut into thin slices.
- Put the onions in a large jar. You can also divide them between several jars.
- Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan. Take it off the heat and add vinegar, salt, honey and the mustard seeds. Mix everything well.
- Pour the hot liquid over the onions so that they are completely covered.
- Let them cool down, then cover them with a lid and store them in the fridge.
- You can now take some every day.