HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
For this recipe you need about 5 minutes. However, it only works with a very good blender: I use the Vitamix*, others swear by the Thermomix.
INGREDIENTS for 1 GLASS OF 475ml
- 200 g dates
- 300 ml still water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- set aside a clean glass jar with a screw cap, preferably rinsed with boiling water and drained.
- Have a dough scraper ready.
- Place 200 g pitted dates in a stand mixer.
- 4. Measure out 300 ml still water and add. Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Start the blender on low speed and then increase the speed. Switch off the blender when the mixture has turned light brown and has a consistency like applesauce. No more date pieces should be visible.
- Using the dough scraper, pour the date sweetener into the jar and then store in the fridge.
- The jar will keep for about 2 weeks in the fridge and can be used to sweeten yoghurt, cakes, dressings and sauces. You can read more about it in this blog post: Sugar and me – a love-hate relationship.
- By the way: I made the date sweetener with a blender today! It’s also great, I just pitted the dates and cut them once in the middle and then three times across; then I soaked the dates in the 300ml of water until they looked quite softened and were very soft; everything in a higher container – puree – done & mega-great!!!! So you don’t necessarily need a PowerMixer” writes Body Reset participant Regina
All links marked with * are “affiliate” links. If a purchase is made via such a link, I will receive a commission (example: book Hormone Diet 1,33€). There are no additional costs for you. But Amazon has to give a part of its profit to me. Where, when and how you buy a product is of course up to you, and yes, I also try to buy as much locally as possible.