How long does it take?
For this recipe you need about: 30 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SERVINGS
- 300 g mushrooms of your choice
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 4 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 slices dark sourdough bread
- 2 small handfuls of fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper
- To remove dirt, rinse mushrooms under cold water.
- Remove hard ends of stems from mushrooms.
- Cut larger mushrooms into halves or quarters, small ones may remain as is; in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and sauté mushrooms and oregano with salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar, stirring regularly, and continue to simmer until completely evaporated
- Remove pan from heat.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit; place flesh in a bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork; mix with chili powder and lemon juice.
- Toast sourdough bread; then place avocado on top of bread.
- Top with mushrooms and cilantro and drizzle with a little lemon juice.
Oregano A typical ingredient of Mediterranean cuisine, oregano is known for its light aromatic pungent flavor, which makes the flavors of food a little sweeter. It goes perfectly with vegetables and many sauces. It is especially delicious when combined with thyme and rosemary. Oregano has some benefits for our health. For example, it is good for digestion and its essential oils have anti-inflammatory effects, for this reason it is often used for colds or respiratory problems.
All links marked with * are “affiliate” links. If a purchase is made via such a link, I will receive a commission (example: book Hormone Diet 1,33€). There are no additional costs for you. But Amazon has to give a part of its profit to me. Where, when and how you buy a product is of course up to you, and yes, I also try to buy as much locally as possible.